“If you’re looking to buy a dirt bike, the first thing you’ll want to know is how much they cost. Dirt bikes are expensive and that’s why most people spend their hard-earned cash on something else.”
Many people know about the high-end bike brands but not a lot of them are aware of how much goes into crafting these top-notch bikes. The frames, for example, go through an extensive process that takes around months to complete and is done by hand at every stage in order to get it just right.
Yamaha’s new YZ250 is exhilarating in every sense of the word. With a 249cc liquid-cooled two-stroke engine, riders will feel like they are riding on air with an awesome powerband that can be enjoyed anywhere from a tight single track to wide open fields.
What makes this bike even better/Features?
- It weighs just under 200 pounds thanks to Yamaha providing riders with such lightweight materials for it as aluminum and reeds valves which then enables them not only to dive into corners much faster but also take full advantage of its great handling capabilities.
- Riders do not need any more reasons than their own safety or enjoyment level why they should consider purchasing one however there is one thing we haven’t talked about yet – fuel economy.
- The new braking system on the YZ250 is redesigned to provide an increase in pad contact, a more rigid caliper with larger front pistons, and 270mm brake discs. These changes will give you increased stopping power while also improving your feel for the brakes by increasing friction. The rear rotor has been reduced from 245mm to 240mm which decreases weight without compromising performance at all.
- The new styling on the Yamaha 250cc bike, which has been created with race-inspired aggressive design in mind, includes a sharpened embedded graphics style. The footpegs are wider than before to provide comfort while riding for long periods of time at high speeds.
- Exhilarating Two-Stroke Power
- Yamaha Power Valve System
- Advanced Carburetor
- Race-Developed Intake.
- Close-Ratio Transmission
- High-Capacity Radiator
- Digital Ignition
New for 2022
- Improved Rider Ergonomics
- Revised Suspension Damping
- New Air Intake Design
- New, Modern YZ Styling
The “KX™250 4-Stroke” is a lightweight, agile offroad bike that offers the perfect balance between power and control. With its liquid-cooled 249cc four-stroke engine, this machine can get you to where ever your feet will take you.
- The KX™250 4-stroke dirt bike is perfect for off-road enthusiasts and adrenaline junkies. The Kawasaki® KX™ 250 four-stroke dirt bikes are made to be tough enough to withstand the elements as well as any bumps, jumps, or spills that come with riding on rugged terrain.
- The powerful engine of this machine can propel riders up steep hills without a problem while still being able to maintain an average speed. Riders will also appreciate its lightweight design which makes it easy for them to carry it into remote locations like trails in the woods where they could go wild exploring uncharted territory.
- Some people will say that the KX250 is one of the best dirt bikes. It’s great for children because it has a low seat height and cushioned handles, but at 125ccs of engine power, you might not want to take this bike anywhere too challenging.
- For some riders, nothing can replace being on a 250cc powered motorcycle with comfortable seats and high handlebars-but for those who need something less powerful or more manageable, Kawasaki offers their aptly named “KX” series motorcycles. With beefy tires equipped from the factory as well as child-friendly features like lower seating positions and padded handgrips in place instead of steel bars gripping your fingers tightly; these are meant specifically for kids.
- The 249cc single-cylinder four-stroke ENGINE is equipped with a 78.0 x 52.2mm bore and 14:1 compression ratio to help it power up the bike’s five gears effortlessly. This engine also has an electric starter system, dual injectors for fuel delivery, and hydraulic clutch actuation that will keep you rolling in style too.
3.Beta XTRAINER 300
Beta has been in the bike industry for decades and they’re now revolutionizing a new niche within this market with their Xtrainer. This is not your average enduro mountain bike because it’s compact, light-weight, easy to ride – but don’t let that fool you into thinking that its performance takes any backseat.
The powerful engine allows riders of all skill levels to conquer trails ranging from beginner level up to expert level while still being agile enough for those who want something more manageable than a full-size machine.
The Beta XTRAINER 300 dirt bike is a cool machine that’s very easy to ride. The full suspension design and high-performance tires make it both comfortable and exciting for the rider, with crisp handling in any off-road environment. It comes equipped with front & rear hydraulic brakes as well as an automatic clutch which saves you from having sore hands after your day of riding.
Beta-Built single-cylinder, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled, with BPV power valve system and a counterbalancer, electric start with a back up kick starter sold as an option:
- Bore: 72mm
- Stroke: 72mm
- Displacement: 293.1cc
- Compression Ratio: 11.45:1
- Exhaust Valve: Beta Progressive Valve (BPV)
- Ignition: AC-CDI Kokusan.
- Spark Plug: NGK GR7CI8
- Lubrication: Electronic Oil Injection
The CRF450 is a bike that can take you from dirt trails to asphalt. Its power and agility are undeniable, allowing it to go up or down steep hills with ease. The HONDA CRF 450 is an excellent all-terrain motorcycle because of its ability to handle any terrain thrown at it–whether going uphill on dirt trails or cruising down highways during city traffic jams each day for work like me.
- The CRF450WE (Works Edition) by Honda is an excellent option for motocross enthusiasts who demand the absolute best when it comes to performance.
- The premium bike benefits from improvements that are similar to those made on the 2021 model, but with a long list of elite-level updates added in order to mimic parts used at Team Honda HRC’s factory race shop.
- It includes a new seat cover with Yoshimura exhaust for an extra pop in power and sound plus a Hinson clutch basket and covers to take care of any slippage issues that arise when you’re going full-throttle on corners or up hills.
- The WE so features D.I.D LTX rims which are coated so they will be durable even if hit by mud while riding through it at high speeds.
5.KTM 250 SX-F
AMA Supercross is one of the most spectacular stages for dirt bike racing, and KTM has a special motorcycle designed to handle it. The 250 SX-F TROY LEE DESIGNS comes with high-performance DOHC engine tuning, as well as a lightweight chassis design that makes this bike stand out in any competition.
- The KTM 250 SX-F may not be the most powerful bike on this list, but it is certainly one of the fastest. In a five-bike comparison measuring rear-wheel power figures, 41 horsepower and 19-pound feet of torque put its performance at second best while still being in first place for top speed with 96 mph.
- The KTM 250 SX-F is a very competitive, high-performance bike that was able to produce the second-highest torque numbers and top horsepower figures.
- The engine of this amazing machine produces 41.1 hp at 13,700 rpm while producing 19.1 lb.-ft of torque when it reaches 9100 rpm with its liquid-cooled DOHC four-stroke power plant. The low-end power of the engine is not as strong, but it excels in a seemingly endless top-end pull.
- The reason for this comes from its long gear ratios which contribute to how smoothly and quickly you can accelerate on this bike when compared to another that has shorter gears with more turns per revolution.
6. Sherco 125SE
The Sherco Racing Range is made for people who love to spend fun time on their bikes. It’s designed for Sunday rides to all-day trail rides, while the Sherco Factory range has a higher quality premium. Components are designed more specifically as a racing machine that packs in race-ready.
The Sherco has made major improvements to the bike’s overall flexibility, making it a better bike for even more difficult and challenging trails. It can now be ridden on demanding terrain without interrupting your ride or impacting you as the rider.
Features like the Performance Package with an engine tuned carburetor kit system so you can hit it hard without worrying about your fuel supply or overheating issues.
- Front and rear suspension are taken care of by KYB
- SHIDO lithium-ion battery
- Blue frame protectors
- Sherco Factory silencer: lighter and more efficient
- Fuel tap with simplified access and 1.5L reserve capacity
- AXP skid plate
- Blue Excel rims
- Galfer front brake disc
- AFAM rear sprocket
The chassis is designed in such a way that will keep most of the impact away from your hands so they stay safe and protected while riding this motorcycle through bumpy terrain at high speeds.
7. GASGAS MC 85
Gas Gas is proud to announce its plans for a full factory effort in trials competition, off-road, and supercross/motocross racing with the launch of their new line of motorcycles. They are excited about this season’s start as it marks an exciting chapter opening up for them.
The GASGAS MC 85 is a mini racer that packs the power of your average powerhouse bike. The WP suspension and bodywork allow for young riders to explore their potential in this two-wheeled machine with style.
- A lightweight aluminum subframe contributes to the MC 85’s low weight while also centralizing its mass. Essential for ergonomics, it features a short and compact profile as riders get bigger, faster, and more confident.
- The GASGAS MC 85 is a mini racer that delivers performance and durability while providing young riders with the thrill of racing.
- The MC 85 is the perfect tool for adventurers who are lookiShock ng to go on a new and exciting journey. Their rear end will stay stable over smaller bumps or rough terrain while also soaking up bigger hits, thanks to their WP XACT shock absorber.
- Aluminum rims and CNC machined hubs are fitted with Maxxis tires for consistently gripping on a variety of terrains and track types. With the robust wheels ensuring reliability, these tires’ rubber compound delivers superior straight-line stability and excellent traction.
8.Husqvarna FC 350
The Husqvarna FC 350 is our favorite white motocross bike as it has the right amount of horsepower, excellent handling, and unbeatable components. For 2021, the bike has some suspension refinements that are sure to be exciting for all riders.
In 2021, Husky has made some big changes to its suspension. The 10mm shorter fork is accompanied by an inner and outer tube adjustment that maintains the same amount of overlap between both tubes so as not to change how they absorb shock.
- The 350cc DOHC single-cylinder 350cc motor houses a 5-speed transmission. There were two engine maps available, as they offered more torque than map 1. This allowed for slower sections of soft sand and third gear in tight corners.
- Engine performance is good with second and third gears being usable in flowing corners. There are also no gaps between the gears. Our test rider found the Magura hydraulic clutch to be smooth and consistent. However, a more responsive feel could improve the clutch’s performance.
- The new suspension and chassis make the bike much easier to corner, making it more capable. The FC 350 handled well in both bumpy track sections as well as smooth faster ones.
- The braking power is strong and progressive, which means that when you apply the brake it doesn’t just stop immediately.
- The brakes are fitted with a front two-piston Brembo caliper and a rear single-piston Brembo caliper with 260mm and 220mm discs.
9. Yammah’s YZ125
The new 2022 YZ125 is a Yamaha original and has been 15 years in the making. It was designed to be user-friendly for both racers who want to take it on the track or beginners wanting something more powerful than their first bike. Moreover, still, easy enough they can master before moving up. The goal? To make this legendary two-stroke race machine an even bigger success.
- The 125cc two-stroke engine of the 2022 YZ125 is completely new. The cylinder body, head, piston, and connecting rod are all made from stronger materials that make it more powerful than before.
- Hitachi’s new Astemo Keihin PWK38S carburetor with the addition of an intelligent throttle position sensor and three-dimensional map-controlled CDI unit provides unsurpassed rideability.
- The precise design ensures that fueling matches demand, without cutting out at high revs or lagging when you need it most; ensuring clean crisp acceleration every time. Hitachi has finally released their newest update to one of their best-selling products: the Astemo Keihin PWK 38 S carburetor for motorcycles.
- The new intake design with the VForce4 carbon reed valve leads to a more efficient draw of air into the engine for an improved feeling of power in the high rpm range, which can be attributed to its ability and how quickly it adapts.
- The innovative new intake system is designed based on cutting-edge technology that includes versatile materials such as carbon fiber and aluminum along with patented mechanical components like VForce4 Carbon Reed Valve System
- The new braking system is lighter, more powerful, and has a better feel than previous models.
- The brakes have larger pistons to reduce the weight of stopping power while retaining its strength. Redesigned caliper for greater stability with increased contact area on brake pads for stronger force when applying pressure.
10. KAWASAKI KX450
The Kawasaki KX450 is the flagship model in Kawa’s motorcycle lineup. This bike has race-winning components and can help riders get to the top of the podium at their next competition with an abundance of power.
A slim perimeter frame made from lightweight aluminum for easier handling on curves, Showa A-KIT technology suspension that reduces dive during braking to make turns sharper without sacrificing comfort or control, hydraulic clutch coned springs for increased grip when pulling away from stops.
- The all-new transmission is designed to complement the new engine, while also harnessing its increased power. Stronger bearing retainers make sure that the needle bearings are able to withstand greater loads and friction reduction was achieved with thrust washers.
- The durable and improved design of the gears was achieved through a few key changes: larger gear dogs, thrust washers to reduce friction.
- A recent design revision of the piston ring is said to improve durability and bedding-in performance. This redesigned profile, which also increases contact surface area between pistons and rings, has been successfully tested in a wide variety of conditions including high heat or low lubrication levels that would otherwise reduce engine efficiency.
- The new Kawasaki KX450F has been redesigned for 2018. It features a 19-inch front and 16 inch rear wheel, a wider range of young riders that can fit well on the bike with its radiator shroud design.
11. Sherco Enduro Factory 250 Four-Stroke
Sherco is giving the racing and factory model ranges a new “back to blue” colorway for 2022. The range includes updated versions of their popular Sherco Factory Racing Enduro models, which are some of the most sought-after bikes in all off-road motorcycling.
- New graphic design kit for 2022
- Comfort seat in black, which is less abrasive than the Factory model
- Frame guards in black
- Handlebar grips have been updated.
- Kayaba’s new open cartridge fork
- Kayaba has released a new shock absorber
- Excel rims in black
- Medium Michelin enduro tires
- Standard FMF header pipe (SE 250/300)
- Brembo brake pads have been replaced.
- This new exhaust valve will allow the engine to run much smoother and quieter as well as increasing fuel economy.
- For the 2022 model year, KYB suspension will be standard on both Factory and Racing models. These suspensions are specifically designed for each of these ranges in order to provide a comfortable ride while also ensuring stability at high speeds.
- Braking systems from Brembo combined with the Galfer rotors offer better braking performance for Sherco’s Factory models. For 2022, they have made changes to their front brakes and will now be including Golfers in place of its previous supplier.
12. RM-Z450 Suzuki
The Suzuki RM-Z450 is the top choice for racers who want a combination of speed, handling, and style. This motorcycle offers slick looks that will turn heads as well as an engine powerful enough to accelerate quickly on any terrain with ease.
- The Suzuki 449cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-valve DOHC engine is the latest incarnation of their proven and reliable fuel-injected powerplant with a horsepower rating that will get you up to speed quickly.
- A large displacement that remains lightweight due to its advanced engineering gives this bike an excellent throttle response at all speeds.
- The unique shape of the cylinder head intake port creates a high amount of tumble flow to increase power output.
- The piston’s casting has special ribs that help to match the high-powered engine’s reliability.
- Suzuki’s smartphone-based MX-Tuner and proven fuel-coupler system come standard with each 2022 RM-Z450, making tuning the electronic fuel injection and ignition systems for optimal performance simple. From the comfort of your own smartphone, you can quickly adjust your motorbike to fit track conditions or your riding preferences.
13. HONDA CRF250R
Honda unveiled today that the CRF250R has been fully overhauled for 2022. The all-new model comes with a slew of engine and chassis modifications that boost corner exit acceleration, agility, and endurance throughout the course of a race.
- The CRF250R’s engine is a double-overhead-cam (DOHC) design with a distinctive finger-follower rocker. You obtain greater power and a higher redline when you combine the remainder of the engine’s architecture (bore and stroke, intake tract, piston, and more). Another improvement for 2022 is new doubled intake valve springs.
- Our engineers were able to design a high-revving engine with plenty of capacity for big valves thanks to the CRF250R’s 79.0mm bore and short 50.9mm stroke. The engine breathes and revs, which are the two most important aspects of producing power in motocross.
- We may shape the muffler for improved rider ergonomics and less weight by using a pressed-alloy construction.
- The CRF250R has a single-pipe header in addition to the single-muffler exhaust. It runs close to the bike’s center, and its light overall design aids weight distribution.
14. Yamaha YZ250FX
The new 2022 Yamaha YZ250FX is a competition-ready machine that pulls from the Supercross dominating YZ250F motocrosser. The strong engine performance, cross country tuned chassis and improved high-performance brake setup make it an extremely capable competitor in XC racing at all levels of competition with one simple purchase.
- The new YZ250FX features a liquid-cooled four-stroke engine that not only is potent but also produces stronger mid to high range power.
- Due to the improved air intake design and exhaust camshaft redesigning, this bike has experienced an increase in performance while maintaining top-notch durability.
- The six-speed transmission was specifically designed for offroad riders with gear ratios optimized for cross country demands; therefore your ride will be smoother than ever before due to less clutch wear from shifting gears.
- The redesigned brakes provide exceptional braking power and feel with an updated lightweight system. The front has larger pistons, a more rigid caliper, and the 270mm rotor features higher friction pad material to ensure top-notch braking performance for every rider.
- To reduce unsprung weight without compromising on any of the necessary components in high-powered motorcycles like this one from Ducati Motor Holding SPA ABP (ADR) or Audi AG, they reduced the outside diameter of both rear brake rotors by 10% while maintaining their original stopping power.
15.300 SEF Racing
The 300 SEF Racing dirt bike is a high-performance, lightweight, and fast off-road machine that will take you to victory no matter where. What’s more? It has an ECU-controlled fuel injection system which means it never hits rough patches with power loss on the track!
With its heavy-duty frame for stability at all times, this powerful masterpiece of engineering can not be missed by any serious biker who wants to dominate their motocross competition.
- The Sherco 300 SEF-R has a liquid cooling system and features an atypical design. The motor is nippy, sharp, and efficient with less noise than other bikes of its kind. Overall this bike was well thought out by the manufacturer for riders interested in lesser weight but still having great performance on uphill climbs as well as downhill races.
- Sherco 300 SEF-R model offers a state-of-the-art Brembo hydraulic braking system. These high-quality brakes are well known in car racing, but also on motorcycles such as ours for their durability while maintaining an innovative design that is trusted by all who use it.
- The suspension also features a mid-valve piston that is calibrated to provide consistent dampening. This ensures the rider gets an even and smooth ride.
This blog post has given you all the information you need to purchase your first dirt bike. You’re now equipped with a list of things that are important to consider before making such an expensive purchase, and what the average price for a dirt bike is in 2021. We hope this helped!