When it comes to conquering rugged trails and off-road adventures on your dirt bike, every component plays a crucial role in ensuring your safety and control. Among these components, perhaps none are as underrated and vital as dirt bike grips. These seemingly humble handlebar covers are your direct connection to the bike, and they can significantly influence your riding experience.
Dirt bike grips are more than just rubber or foam on your handlebars; they are your lifeline, your control center, and your comfort zone. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve deep into the world of dirt bike grips, exploring their importance, the various types available, how to choose the right ones, and even maintenance tips to ensure they perform optimally.
Exploring the Best Dirt Bike Grips
Selecting the right dirt bike grips isn’t just about comfort; it’s about control and safety. Explore our guide to find the perfect grips for your off-road adventures.
1. Scl Motor Universal Dirt Bit Bik Grips
When you’re out there, navigating challenging terrains on your dirt or pit bike, the importance of a dependable grip on your handlebars cannot be overstated. That’s where the SclMotor 7/8 Universal Grips step in.
These grips cater to a diverse range of riders, from seasoned professionals to weekend adventurers. Crafted from robust, anti-slip rubber, they not only ensure durability but also provide resistance to corrosion, making them well-suited for a wide array of riding conditions.
- Fitment: SclMotor 7/8 Universal Grips are compatible with a wide range of dirt and pit bikes, with a secure fit for 7/8-inch left and 1-inch right handlebars.
- Material: Crafted from durable, non-slip rubber, these grips resist corrosion, standing up to the rigors of off-road riding.
- Package Contents: Each set includes a 7/8-inch left grip and a 1-inch right grip for a hassle-free installation.
- Performance: Trusted by professional racers, these grips maximize control, reduce vibration, and minimize fatigue, ideal for any terrain.
- Comfort: The diamond-patterned soft traction top ensures a secure yet comfortable grip, perfect for long rides.
- Precision: The gel-like surface offers precise control, essential for motocross riders.
- Secure Fit: The inner core compound creates a strong bond with handlebars, preventing slippage during intense rides.
2. Risk Racing Fusion Dirt Bike Grips
The Risk Racing Fusion 2.0 Grip Tech Bonding System in MOTO Red is the perfect choice for riders who demand both style and substance.
With ergonomic wave design, enhanced gripping power, and dual compound construction, these grips are engineered to elevate your riding experience and withstand the rigors of off-road riding.
- Wave Ergonomics: The Fusion 2.0 grips feature a cleverly designed large flange with a subtle bend that reduces thumb pressure, preventing blisters and ensuring a comfortable and blister-free grip throughout your ride.
- Gripping Ribs: Three strategically placed ribs on the underside of these grips enhance your grip and control, particularly with your last two fingers, which provide most of the gripping power in your hand.
- Dual Compound: These grips are constructed using a premium dual compound that excels in both vibration damping and durability.
3. MaySpare Dirt Bike Grips
Introducing MaySpare Dirt Bike Grips, the ideal choice for riders seeking both comfort and control on their off-road adventures.
MaySpare Dirt Bike Grips are not just a practical choice; they’re a guarantee of comfort, durability, and control on your dirt bike adventures.
Universal fit and innovative design, these grips are built to enhance your riding experience and backed by a warranty that speaks to their quality.
- Universal Fit: Fits 7/8″ left and 1″ right handlebars.
- Durable Material: Made of non-slip rubber for durability and corrosion resistance.
- Innovative Design: Full Diamond Pattern Grip reduces arm fatigue while maintaining control.
- Complete Package: Comes as a set of 2 grips for various motorcycle brands.
- Warranty: High-quality with 6-month warranty
4. Scott Sports Dirt Bike Grips
Scott Sports Blue/White Diamond Dirt Bike Grips, engineered to provide riders with superior comfort and control.
The Scott Sports Diamond Motorcycle Grips prioritize rider comfort and control, making them a valuable addition to your motorcycle gear. With tear-resistant construction and thoughtful design, they promise enhanced durability and a more enjoyable riding experience.
- Triple Density Grip: These grips feature a triple density design to reduce arm fatigue while maintaining control, making your rides more enjoyable and less tiring.
- Tear-Resistant: The firm density core and end cap are tear-resistant, ensuring a longer grip life and durability even in demanding conditions.
- Maximum Comfort: A medium density waffle pattern delivers maximum comfort and longevity, while the soft density diamond pattern area significantly reduces vibration, arm pump, and fatigue.
- Large Flange MX Grip: Designed to fit 7/8″ handlebars with twist throttles, these grips come with an integrated safety wire channel for added security and include grip donuts for a complete package.
5. ROMLCBIZ Dirt Bike Grips
ROMLCBIZ dirt bike grips are designed to provide riders with a comfortable and controlled riding experience. These grips are meticulously crafted with a focus on quality, durability, and user-friendly installation.
Whether you’re riding a dirt bike, ATV, pit bike, or any other type of motorcycle, ROMLCBIZ grips are engineered to enhance your grip on the handlebars, reducing fatigue and improving control.
- High-Quality Material: ROMLCBIZ grips are constructed from top-quality silicone material. This material strikes the perfect balance between softness and durability, ensuring a comfortable and long-lasting grip that can withstand the rigors of off-road riding.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: These grips not only offer functional benefits but also add a touch of style to your motorcycle. Their retro design can enhance the overall look and fashion of your bike, making it stand out from the crowd.
- Wide Compatibility: ROMLCBIZ grips are designed to fit 7/8″ standard handlebars, making them compatible with a wide range of motorcycle models. Their easy installation process makes them a convenient choice for riders looking to upgrade their grips.
- Warranty Assurance: For added peace of mind, ROMLCBIZ offers a 30-day warranty on their handle grips. This warranty reflects the brand’s commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
6. KTM Dual Compound Enduro Grips
The KTM Dual Compound Enduro Grips are engineered for off-road enthusiasts seeking enhanced control and durability. These grips, specifically designed for KTM motorcycles, feature a dual compound construction that strikes the perfect balance between comfort and longevity.
Whether you’re navigating challenging terrains or conquering the trails, these grips offer superior control and reduced vibration, ensuring a more comfortable and controlled ride.
- KTM Compatibility: Designed to fit KTM motorcycles, these grips are a perfect match for KTM enthusiasts.
- Dual Compound Construction: The grips feature a dual compound design, combining comfort and durability to withstand off-road adventures.
- Enduro-Ready: Engineered for off-road use, these grips provide reliable control and performance on challenging terrains.
- OEM Replacement: They are direct replacements for OEM grips, ensuring a seamless installation process.
- Quality Assurance: Manufactured to meet KTM’s high-quality standards, these grips deliver on both performance and durability.
- Enhanced Control: Designed to reduce vibration and provide a comfortable, controlled ride for off-road enthusiasts.
7. PRO TAPER Pillow Motorcycle Grips
The PRO TAPER Pillow Top Motorcycle Grips are a premium choice for riders seeking comfort and control on their motorcycles. These grips are meticulously engineered to provide an exceptional riding experience, whether you’re cruising on the highway or tackling challenging off-road terrains.
The “Pillow Top” design offers a cushioned and comfortable grip, reducing hand fatigue during long rides.
- Pillow Top Design: Unique cushioned design for added comfort during long rides.
- Premium Quality: Manufactured by PRO TAPER, a trusted name in the motorcycle industry.
- Control and Comfort: Provides superior grip and reduces hand fatigue.
- Vibration Dampening: Minimizes the impact of vibrations for a smoother ride.
- Versatile: Suitable for both highway cruising and off-road adventures.
- Durable: Built to withstand the rigors of motorcycle riding.
- Trusted Brand: PRO TAPER’s reputation for quality and performance.
8. HIAORS Dirt Bike Grips
Elevate your dirt bike’s performance and aesthetics with HIAORS Dirt Bike Grips. These grips are not just an accessory; they’re a statement of style and functionality.
Crafted from soft yet durable rubber, they provide a comfortable grip for your hands, reducing fatigue during your off-road adventures. With a range of colors to choose from, you can customize your bike to reflect your personality.
- Tailor-Made for Honda: Designed exclusively for Honda CRF50, CRF70, CRF80, and XR50 motorcycles, ensuring a precise fit.
- Versatile Sizing: These grips feature dual inner diameters, with 22mm on the left and 24mm on the right, making installation a breeze for both handlebar sides.
- Customize Your Look: Available in a range of colors, these grips let you match your bike’s style and showcase your personal flair.
- Durable Comfort: Crafted from soft, long-lasting rubber, these grips are suitable for most 50cc, 110cc, and 125cc Chinese dirt bikes, offering both comfort and durability.
- Stylish and Functional: Beyond aesthetics, these grips reduce hand fatigue, making your rides more enjoyable while enhancing your bike’s appearance.
- Reliable Source: HIAORS is your trusted supplier of high-quality pit bike parts, offering professional service and guidance to ensure the perfect fit for your motorcycle.
9. Pro Taper Pillow – Dirt Bike Grips
Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite Grip designed for twist throttles, combines comfort and performance, offering a plush feel that reduces hand fatigue during your longest rides. Engineered to be lightweight, they won’t compromise your motorcycle’s agility.
Whether you’re navigating trails or tearing up the track, these grips provide the precision and control you need. With Pro Taper’s reputation for quality, you can trust that these grips will endure the rigors of off-road adventures.
- Pillow Top Comfort: Enjoy a plush, fatigue-reducing feel with the signature Pillow Top design, perfect for long rides.
- Lite Grip, Heavy Performance: Lightweight construction maintains top performance, a preferred choice for weight-conscious riders.
- Twist Throttle Ready: Engineered for twist throttle setups, these grips provide a secure hold for precise control.
- Built to Last: Crafted from high-quality materials, these grips are built tough to handle the rigors of off-road and motocross adventures.
- Pro Taper Excellence: Backed by Pro Taper’s reputation for quality, these grips are a top-notch choice for riders seeking reliable performance and comfort.
What Are Dirt Bike Grips?
Before we dive into the best options on the market, let’s start with the basics. Dirt bike grips are the rubber or foam handlebar covers that you hold onto while riding. They serve multiple crucial purposes:
- Grip: As the name suggests, grips provide you with a secure hold on the handlebars, ensuring that your hands stay in place even in challenging terrain.
- Vibration Dampening: Good grips can absorb vibrations from the handlebars, reducing hand fatigue and arm pump during longer rides.
- Control: Grips play a vital role in controlling your bike. A comfortable grip ensures precise throttle and brake control.
The Importance of Dirt Bike Grips
Dirt bike grips may seem like a small and insignificant component, but they play a critical role in your riding experience. The right grips can significantly impact your control, comfort, and safety while on the trail.
In this extended guide, we’ll delve into the world of dirt bike grips, covering everything from materials and textures to installation and maintenance.
1. Core of Dirt Bike Grips
The core of a dirt bike grip is typically made of hard plastic or aluminum. This inner core provides structural support, maintains the grip’s shape, and attaches to the handlebars.
2. Outer Material of Dirt Bike Grips
The outer layer of a grip is where you make contact with your hands. It’s crucial to select a material that suits your riding style:
- Rubber: Rubber grips are a popular choice due to their excellent grip and durability. They work well in a variety of conditions and offer a secure hold even when wet or muddy.
- Foam: Foam grips prioritize comfort and vibration dampening. They are ideal for riders who embark on longer journeys or have issues with hand fatigue.
- Compound: Some grips combine rubber and foam to offer a balance between grip and comfort. These dual-compound grips provide the best of both worlds.
3. Texture and Pattern Dirt Bike Grips
Grip texture and pattern affect how your hands interact with the grips:
- Aggressive Pattern: Grips with an aggressive pattern provide enhanced traction. These are great for riders who frequently encounter rough and challenging terrain.
- Smooth Texture: Grips with a smoother texture prioritize comfort. They are less aggressive on your hands but might not provide the same level of traction.
- Raised Pads: Some grips feature raised pads or ridges strategically placed to improve grip and reduce hand fatigue.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Dirt Bike Grips
Selecting the perfect grips for your dirt bike involves considering several key factors:
1. Riding Style of Dirt Bike Grips
Your riding style influences the type of grips that will suit you best. If you prefer aggressive off-road riding, you’ll want grips that offer exceptional grip and control. On the other hand, if you embark on long-distance adventures, comfort becomes a top priority.
2. Hand Size of Dirt Bike Grips
Grip size is crucial for comfort and control. Riders with larger hands might prefer thicker grips, while those with smaller hands may opt for slimmer options. Ill-fitting grips can lead to discomfort and reduced control.
3. Durability of Dirt Bike Grips
Consider how long you want your grips to last. High-quality, durable grips might cost more initially but can save you money in the long run. Cheap grips may wear out quickly, requiring frequent replacements.
4. Installation of Dirt Bike Grips
The installation process can vary between different grip models. Some grips require grip glue, while others feature integrated locking mechanisms for a hassle-free setup. If you’re not comfortable with DIY maintenance, opt for grips that are easy to install.
Maintaining Your Dirt Bike Grips
Once you’ve invested in high-quality grips, it’s essential to maintain them to ensure they perform at their best. Here are some tips for grip maintenance:
Regularly clean your grips with mild soap and water to remove dirt and grime. Avoid using harsh chemicals or solvents that could damage the rubber or foam.
Check for Wear
Inspect your grips for signs of wear and tear. Look for cracks, tears, or worn-out areas. If you notice any damage, it’s time to replace them.
If you’re using grips that require grip glue, periodically check the adhesive to ensure it’s still holding the grips securely in place. Reapply glue if necessary.
Using Grip Donuts
Grip donuts are small rubber rings that can be placed on the grips to protect them from abrasion caused by your gloves or levers. They are an inexpensive way to extend the life of your grips.
How to Remove Dirt Bike Grips?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to remove dirt bike grips:
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Flathead screwdriver or grip removal tool
- Compressed air (optional)
- Utility knife (optional)
Step 1: Gather Your Tools Ensure you have all the necessary tools ready before you start the removal process. You’ll need a flathead screwdriver or a grip removal tool, compressed air (optional), and a utility knife (optional).
Step 2: Locate the End of the Grip Determine which end of the grip you want to start with. You can start from either the throttle side or the non-throttle side. The non-throttle side is usually easier to begin with.
Step 3: Loosen the Grip If your grips are held in place with grip glue, you’ll need to break the bond between the grip and the handlebar. Insert the flathead screwdriver or grip removal tool between the grip and the handlebar. Be careful not to damage the handlebar. Twist the tool gently to create a gap.
Step 4: Apply Compressed Air (Optional) If you have compressed air available, you can use it to further loosen the grip. Insert the nozzle of the compressed air into the gap you created and release a burst of air. This can help lift the grip away from the handlebar.
Step 5: Slide Off the Grip With the grip loosened, carefully slide it off the handlebar. Be patient and work it off gradually, taking care not to tear or damage the grip in the process.
Step 6: Clean the Handlebar Once you’ve removed the grip, take a moment to clean the handlebar. Use a rag or paper towel to wipe away any remaining grip glue or residue.
Step 7: Repeat for the Other Grip (if needed) If you’re removing the grip on the throttle side, follow the same steps. Be cautious when working around the throttle assembly to avoid damaging it.
Step 8: Remove Any Remaining Adhesive (Optional) Sometimes, residue from the old grip glue may remain on the handlebar. You can use a utility knife or a grip glue remover to carefully scrape off any remaining adhesive. Be gentle to avoid scratching the handlebar.
Step 9: Clean and Prepare for New Grips After both grips are removed and the handlebar is clean, you’re ready to install new grips. Make sure the handlebar is dry and free from any residue before applying new grip glue (if required) or sliding on the new grips.
Note: If your dirt bike grips are designed with safety wire or other securing mechanisms, you’ll need to remove those as well before sliding off the grips. Additionally, some grips are designed to be disposable, so they may not come off intact. In such cases, you may need to replace them entirely.
Remember to exercise caution when using tools near the handlebars to avoid damage, and take your time to ensure a clean and successful grip removal process.
Do You Need Grip Glue for Dirt Bike Grips?
Yes, it’s generally a good idea to use grip glue when installing new grips on a dirt bike. Grip glue serves several important purposes:
- Securing the Grips: Grip glue helps adhere the grips to the handlebars, ensuring they stay in place, even when exposed to vibration, moisture, and dirt. This prevents the grips from sliding or rotating during rides.
- Preventing Slip: Without glue, grips can slip, especially in wet conditions or when your hands get sweaty. This can result in reduced control and safety hazards.
- Ease of Installation: Grip glue makes it easier to slide the grips onto the handlebars during installation. It provides lubrication, allowing you to position the grips precisely before the glue sets.
When using grip glue, it’s essential to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and work quickly because the glue typically dries fast. Additionally, make sure the handlebars and the inside of the grips are clean and free of dirt or residue before applying the glue for the best adhesion. (Check Price)
In the world of dirt bike riding, the importance of choosing the right grips cannot be overstated. The best dirt bike grips offer a combination of grip, comfort, and control, ensuring you have a safe and enjoyable riding experience. Consider your riding style, hand size, and preferences when selecting the perfect grips for your dirt bike. With the right grips, you can tackle any terrain with confidence.
So, gear up, get the best dirt bike grips that suit your needs, and hit the trails for an unforgettable off-road adventure! Remember that maintaining your grips is as crucial as choosing the right ones, so keep them in top condition for optimal performance and safety.